I Think They're Out to Get Me.
I think that
it is interesting that the day after I post a link to an article portraying Florida as the most screwed up state in America, I get this call...
Hah! I'm sure people are given invitations at completely random to very expensive resorts (I did a quick price check at Disney.com and came up with $924.00 price tag for a trip of one. Heck, when I went on a school trip, I remember having to raise about $300 for our trip -- and that was for a school performance with various other parties making discount deals and paying for it.)
Anyway, I don't have the spare C-Note or spare week to go gallivanting across the country. But, wait. . . I think some important Floridians are trying to trick me into going down there, to silence me and put an end to my rabble rousing. I'm not going to take the risk. I must continue to spread the word, and these parlor tricks aren't going to fool me.
"Hi, this is [name withheld] with Direct Reservations Centers. I'm sorry for the message, but my previous tries of getting in touch with you have been unsuccessful. However, I do have some good news. . . .
". . .You've been invited to celebrate Disney's 100th anniversary with a four day, three night vacation stay at the Ramada Plaza Resort in Orlando, Florida, near world-famous Disney World. Plus you'll enjoy three days and two nights on the sunny golden beaches of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. All for only $99 per person. Kids under 18 stay for free. When you call to confirm your invitation, you'll also receive two complimentary day passes to Disney. Congratulations."
Hah! I'm sure people are given invitations at completely random to very expensive resorts (I did a quick price check at Disney.com and came up with $924.00 price tag for a trip of one. Heck, when I went on a school trip, I remember having to raise about $300 for our trip -- and that was for a school performance with various other parties making discount deals and paying for it.)
Anyway, I don't have the spare C-Note or spare week to go gallivanting across the country. But, wait. . . I think some important Floridians are trying to trick me into going down there, to silence me and put an end to my rabble rousing. I'm not going to take the risk. I must continue to spread the word, and these parlor tricks aren't going to fool me.